Smoky Corn Salad
I love to try new dishes for my husband and myself, and also for when we entertain. I collect recipes from all over the world, and I appreciate the bold Southwest flavors that come through in this 5-ingredient salad. It's a keeper in my book. —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large heavy skillet coated with cooking spray, saute corn until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, salt and chipotle pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in red peppers and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Smoky Corn Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012
Jun 6, 2012
This is quick, easy and has a wonderful summertime flavor! Has become a family fav!
May 25, 2012
This recipe is a great healthy, inexpensive, and simple addition to any Mexican/Southwest meal! This recipe was also great reheated the next day too.