Southwest Corn Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, salt and cumin; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 26, 2009
If you can find them in your produce dept of grocery store, buy Anaheim or Poblano chile's. Take them home & roast them. You can roast on your grill or over a gas burner on a stove. Let the skin blister, a little charring is good. Put in a ziploc, seal, let sit for 30 minutes. Peel skin off, chop chiles and use them in the recipe. This adds a new level of flavor vs. the canned.