Southwest Chicken Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes9 servings (2-1/4 quarts)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- In a large nonstick saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the broth, soup, chicken and chilies until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in the corn, milk, chili powder and cumin. Heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle each serving with cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 673mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Jan 4, 2015
We made this recipe today. We added a can of black beans and it was fantastic. Easy recipe, simple ingredients. My family loved it.
Dec 22, 2013
This is an absolute go-to for me! It's worthy of company but easy and robust.
Apr 5, 2010
This has become a staple in our recipe collection! It's a favorite for company, too!
Mar 23, 2010
This is very yummy. It has a slightly sweet taste. The cilantro gives it a really nice flavor.