Chicken Chili Chowder
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Optiona: Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Saute onion in oil in a large saucepan until tender. Add potatoes, broth, soup, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, beans and corn; heat through. If desired, serve with cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 330 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1209mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 27, 2018
Made this today,really enjoyed had just enough spice to it. Used hatch southwest green chili salsa . Will put it on my keep list.
Oct 21, 2016
The only substitutions I made was used butter instead of oil to sautee the onions. Hubby said that it was very bland so he added tobasco. My 2 kids ate it, but didn't love it.
Feb 7, 2015
Made this one day on the spur of the moment. I had all the ingredients in my pantry and freezer! That's a big bonus since we live out in the country and the store is not near by. This soup was hearty and delicious. My hubby gave it two thumbs up, so it will be on the soup rotation in our house!
Jun 28, 2013
We really enjoyed this. I freeze a lot of soups since it is only my husband and I. Potatoes don't freeze we'll sometimes so I omitted them. They weren't missed at all. But...I guess it's not a "chowder" anymore!
Apr 22, 2013
This was fabulous! Very flavorful! My daughters are picky, so I omitted the beans, onion & canola oil. I also was running late on time, so I used canned chicken chunks. I had planned on regular chicken, but honestly, for a last minute substitute, it worked out just fine! I served this with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. It's my new favorite soup!
Mar 8, 2013
I made it for about 20 coworkers and served it with a side of plain egg noodles. It was a hit!