Easy Chicken Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, chicken, milk, bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top servings with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 474 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1252mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Nov 14, 2019
I think it is a good base recipe however I agree with others that it was a trifle bland.I added more pepper and got the old man sneezing. For Sactofoodie, evaporated milk is not sweet, did you use condensed milk?
Nov 13, 2019
Turned out yummy! Being A partially dairy free family, I substituted butter for oil and unsweetened cashew milk for the canned cow! It was a little sweet but the bacon and cheeses (cheddar and vegan) helped!
Nov 8, 2019
I just made this soup and it was so easy. I followed the recipe. I was never a fan of corn chowder, but I am now.
Nov 6, 2019
Didn't like the evaporated milk, made it taste too sweet. Also a little bland for me - spiced it up with some Tabasco. Also threw in a handful of spinach and a handful of grated cheese...
Nov 6, 2019
I like the use of cream corn, instead of the dreaded "canned soup" . I eliminated the pepper , personal choice. YUM!!
Feb 28, 2019
This was so easy to put together. It was the perfect meal on a cold winter's night. I only used half of a red pepper but it was a decent sized pepper. I would definitely make this again.
Jun 4, 2018
I don't know what happened but this did not come out good at all. The red pepper was so overpowering. It made the chowder taste like the pepper but not in a good way. Won't be making this again.
Nov 10, 2017
Great recipe and really easy to make
Oct 22, 2016
So easy and yummy.
Apr 4, 2015
loved this! Made as it, except I had about 1/2 a cup of leftover fried potatoes from breakfast, so I tossed those in those as well. Will make this again!