Easy Chicken Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, chicken, milk, bouillon and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Top servings with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 474 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1252mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Jun 4, 2018
I don't know what happened but this did not come out good at all. The red pepper was so overpowering. It made the chowder taste like the pepper but not in a good way. Won't be making this again.
Nov 10, 2017
Great recipe and really easy to make
Oct 22, 2016
So easy and yummy.
Apr 4, 2015
loved this! Made as it, except I had about 1/2 a cup of leftover fried potatoes from breakfast, so I tossed those in those as well. Will make this again!
Feb 16, 2015
Good, easy, solid recipe. Whole family loved it. I left out the celery/peppers b/c we aren't fans and I put it in the crock pot on low. Loved how quick it was to put together.
Dec 5, 2014
Good flavor with room for improvement; I added 2 tsp of "Better Than Boullion" and that gave it a little more hearty flavor, (and without the MSG!). Also works with deli rotisserie chicken - easy and quick but doesn't taste "quickly thrown together" Easy on the budget - a winner all around!
Sep 15, 2014
Sep 15, 2014
Marvelous chowder! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Jul 26, 2014
Review by volunteer field editor: Being in the mood for soup and also needing to clean my fridge, where I already had some cooked chicken, this seemed the perfect recipe for a rainy day. I did not have evaporated milk so I used half n half, nor did I add the bacon, but it was still a marvelous chowder. This will go into my book as a winner.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.