Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups corn chips
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the beans, green onions, tomato, avocado and half of the Catalina dressing. Top with cheese and then lettuce. Refrigerate. Just before serving, add corn chips to salad and toss. Serve with remaining dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 543mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 5, 2017
My husband and I enjoyed this salad. When the garden is producing lots of lettuce, I usually make traditional 7-Layer Salad; however, I was looking for something a little different and this was perfect!
Oct 31, 2013
I made it just as it was written and we really liked it and it was so quick and easy and a good meatless meal with a good amount of fiber!
Jan 26, 2013
I served this for a family soup and salad get together. Fritos that were on top did soften a bit, but adding additional Fritos when served as a leftover just adds an additional layer of crunch! Not boring and not too spicy for the kids.
Dec 6, 2009
Served as the main course. My husband works construction so when he comes home for dinner he wants something that will "stick to your ribs". This salad did that.
Sep 15, 2009
Made salad as directed but substituted Litehouse Jalapeno Ranch dressing for the Catalina...fabulous!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.