Southwestern Steak Salads
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, combine the spinach, red pepper, tomatoes and onion; divide among four serving plates. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, picante sauce and taco seasoning. Slice steak against the grain; arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 290 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 21, 2013
I really wonder if there is a misprint - 3 oz of baby spinach per serving was a MOUNTAIN of spinach on the plate. Subsequently, there wasn't even close to enough dressing, so this salad really lacked flavor. If someone else tries it, I would cut the amount of spinach in half and recommend using Montreal steak seasoning rubbed on the steak to give it some flavor. The only thing I liked about this salad was the dressing.