Southwestern Steak Salads
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, combine the spinach, red pepper, tomatoes and onion; divide among four serving plates. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, picante sauce and taco seasoning. Slice steak against the grain; arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 290 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 21, 2013
I really wonder if there is a misprint - 3 oz of baby spinach per serving was a MOUNTAIN of spinach on the plate. Subsequently, there wasn't even close to enough dressing, so this salad really lacked flavor. If someone else tries it, I would cut the amount of spinach in half and recommend using Montreal steak seasoning rubbed on the steak to give it some flavor. The only thing I liked about this salad was the dressing.