Zesty Steak Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 to 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sirloin and Worcestershire sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Add sirloin; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Spoon meat and vegetables over lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 218 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 17, 2013
Oh boy, my husband an I love this. Have made this several times. I keep the steak whole, tenderize it and put it in a bag with the Worcestershire sauce and let it marinade all day. We grill it and then slice it and add it to the veggies that are almost cooked. Great meal.