Zesty Steak Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 to 9 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine sirloin and Worcestershire sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sirloin; stir-fry until meat is no longer pink. Spoon meat and vegetables over lettuce; garnish with tomatoes. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 149 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 17, 2013
Oh boy, my husband an I love this. Have made this several times. I keep the steak whole, tenderize it and put it in a bag with the Worcestershire sauce and let it marinade all day. We grill it and then slice it and add it to the veggies that are almost cooked. Great meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.