Southwestern Skillet Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs and taco seasoning and mix well. Shape into six 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove patties; drain.
- Add tomatoes and soup to the skillet; return patties to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and heat until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 604 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 1347mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 50g protein.
Aug 22, 2013
This sounded simple so I made it and absolutely loved it! Even my picky 2 year old ate it.
Jun 18, 2013
My husband usually hates skillet burgers because they're so dry. We have this often because they turn out nice and moist and have good flavor.
Jul 26, 2011
I really thought the bean with bacon soup sounded a little funky, surprise! It was fantastic! It gave everything so much flavor, I was amazed! Hold the salt everywhere else though, that soup is salty. I would absolutely make this one again!
Nov 2, 2009
Sounds quite tasty, especially if one can get a reduced-sodium soup and make it with some lower fat ingredients.
May 27, 2008
I'm very picky, but my husband made this anyway. I loved it. Will definitely have it again. We used 1 lb ground beef instead of two to make it a little on the smaller side!.