Southwest Steak & Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef top round steak (1 inch thick and about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 4-5 minutes or until almost tender, turning once. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; brush over steak. Mix brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne until blended; sprinkle over both sides of steak.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. slices. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Grill potatoes and steak, covered, over medium heat 12-17 minutes or until potatoes are tender and a thermometer inserted in beef reads 145° for medium-rare, turning occasionally.
- Cut steak into thin slices. Serve with potatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 360 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch.
Aug 31, 2017
I would give this meal a 5 star, but the potatoes fell apart. I will try this recipe again, but will quarter the potatoes instead of slicing them to see if they hold up better.
Apr 24, 2017
I don't like the flavor
Mar 19, 2015
Family loves it and the kids request it!
Nov 15, 2014
Enjoyed the flavors in this - a nice twist to grilled steak. Yukon gold potatoes hold up well but need to be microwaved enough to cook fast when placed on the grill.
Jun 10, 2014
This was very good. I had large potatoes and they should have been microwaved a bit longer as it took longer on the grill to get them done. I will make again
Jun 10, 2014
My husband loved this recipe and said he would definitely like to have it again. He's usually straight meat and potato-type; no fancy stuff, but this one really impressed!