Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce, mild, medium or hot
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Kerrygold Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
Nov 9, 2014
This recipe is one of our favorites. We make it often using different kinds of beans.
Jan 20, 2010
I will definitely make this again because it's so easy and all my family loved it.
Jan 16, 2008
I thought this was a little bland, so I had to add some salt, fresh ground pepper, and Tobasco sauce. Maybe next time I'll use a hotter picante sauce. I didn't add the potatoes, but I can see how that would improve the taste.