Southwestern Stew Pot
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour 35 min.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a 4-qt. Dutch oven, brown meat in oil over medium heat; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add carrots; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the tomatoes, beans, corn and chilies; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Season with hot pepper sauce if desired. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 293 calories, 11g fat (0 saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jan 7, 2018
I always receive compliments when I make this stew. Quick, easy and tasty!
Jun 25, 2017
Nothing warm us up on a cold day like this stew. It is soooo good!!
Jun 17, 2014
very tasty and quick to prepare.
Feb 17, 2012
That was tasty but no way I could served 8 servings without rice so I have cooked rice to served with it. I put 1 pound beef instead of 2. We don`t like too savory so I added less salsa and I used Italian style diced tomatoes + little bit sugar.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.