Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, corn and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 508 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 9g fiber), 32g protein.
Feb 7, 2014
This is quick. However, without the modifications I made I feel it would be bland. I added some onion, garlic, and a very small amount of sugar when cooking the meat. I also sprinkled some cheese on top.
Jan 5, 2013
This stew is like magic to me! So quick and easy and so hearty. A great fall/winter meal. I did find that I wanted it to be a little more flavorful, so I used a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano (instead of just regular diced tomatoes) and added 1 beef bouillon OR 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules. It came out so good! Also, note that all the canned ingredients should be UN-drained. The entire contents of the cans get poured into the stew, so I make sure I buy them without preservatives or additives.
Nov 27, 2012
this has no flavor what so ever I highly suggest that if you make this to alter it completely.
Sep 8, 2010
tasty, easy, quick, ingredients on hand
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.