Ranch Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine the first five ingredients; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Pour water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 50-55 minutes. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 212 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jan 12, 2015
We made this yesterday and my husband really liked it. I did take the advice of the previous reviewers and doubled the rub ingredients. It was a 2 lb pork-loin but was very round vs long so it took about an hour and 15 minutes to reach the correct temperature. We served it with butter noodles with parm cheese. The pork came out very moist and flavorful. I used penzey's spice ranch mix.
Jan 2, 2015
I too doubled the rub, and this turned out beautiful! I don't have a roasting pan with a rack, so I sliced potatoes, onions, and celery, laid them in the pan and put the roast on top, fat side up. I then baked it uncovered at 450 for 10 minutes, then lowered the temp to 250, and baked it slow for about an hour and 15 minutes. Beautiful color and very moist!!!
Dec 27, 2011
I've turned to this recipe several times for my family of 4. This is delicious and moist. I double or triple the topping though because I dont think the amount called for is enough and i like to have a little extra to serve with the meat.