Spicy Pork Roast
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- Combine the first eight ingredients; rub over entire roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Place roast on a greased rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 176 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 512mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 17, 2013
I made the rub to put on chicken breasts to take to a party hosted by our male principal. I thought I'd double the batch and give it to him as a host gift. He loved and it was delicious on the chicken! I did cut the pepper in half, however. Thanks for the great recipe!
Nov 4, 2012
I did not 'cover and refrigerate overnight' and it was very good. Next time I'll think ahead and refrigerate over night.
Jan 26, 2012
I put the rub on and put it in the oven rift away. It was delicious. My family loved it. It has a great flavor and the pork was very moist. I will definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.