Spicy Pork Chili with White Beans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, cayenne pepper, ground cumin and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown pork in butter in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the beans, broth, water, jalapenos, spices, garlic, salt, parsley, pork and, if desired, hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Uncover; simmer 30-40 minutes longer or until chili reaches desired consistency. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 247 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 9g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Apr 28, 2013
This was a hit. I forgot to put in the 2 cups of water and I used regular pork loin instead of tenderloin and it works just fine. With the length of time it takes to cook, the meat gets very tender. Next time I think I might try it in the slow cooker.
Apr 3, 2013
I have made this many times. It's my favorite chili. I halved the recipe as there are just 3 of us. Also, for the people that say it's too many beans, just leave out a can or two. And it tastes best if you follow the recipe and use a fresh pork tenderloin, not a left over piece of meat.
Oct 19, 2011
Very good, although, I used 2 lb. of pork,
Oct 10, 2010
I think of this more as a recipe for beans with pork than a chili, the best darn bean recipe I've ever tasted. We have made this many times. It's great with pepper jack cheese on top & a nice crusty bread for sopping. Try this recipe you won't be disappointed.
Jan 10, 2009
My husband goes nuts for this chili. Infact he's stopped making his read meat chili cause he says this one is the tops!
Dec 21, 2007
My family loves this recipe! All the way from my 8 yr old to my husband.We are a family of 9 and the pot is empty after one meal! Thanks for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.