Spicy Pork Tenderloin Salad
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- SPICE RUB:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; gradually whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate vinaigrette. Combine the salt, cumin, cinnamon, chili powder and pepper; rub over meat.
- In a ovenproof skillet, brown meat on all sides in oil, about 8 minutes. Combine the brown sugar, garlic and hot pepper sauce; spread over meat.
- Bake at 350°, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 160°, 25-35 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss spinach with vinaigrette. Arrange spinach on four salad plates; top with sliced pork. Drizzle with pan juices.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 301 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2017
I will give this recipe a 5, I loved the pork tenderloin. I made the salad dressing, but neither of us were a fan of it. I don't like curry and he doesn't like mustard. This was a dinner for us, pork tenderloin, redskin potatoes, and a spinach salad.
Apr 13, 2016
Made this for dinner last night...the recipe is good. I baked the meat exactly as stated in the recipe but the brown sugar mixture was overcooked, burnt and bitter so we had to do without. the pan drippings.
Oct 12, 2009
My wife and I love this recipe, and so do the kids (though with plain spinach). We usually pair it with a garlic roasted red potatoes recipe from a cookbook.
Jan 9, 2009
Top with Mandarin Orange segments!