Tropical Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 finely chopped chipotle peppers plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook until browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove.
- In same skillet, cook onion and pepper until softened, 2-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Return pork to pan; stir in chicken stock. Cook, covered, until pork is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in next five ingredients; simmer, uncovered, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 539 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1374mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (72g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
May 4, 2018
Huge hit for the whole fam! I upped the chipotle peppers to about 5 and didn't have bell pepper so I used celery. Browned it all and threw in a crock pot on low for about 5 hours. Steamed rice seperately in rice cooker. Very yummy??
Sep 19, 2016
Made this for supper the other night and our whole family loved it! I did make a few changes, although I'm sure the original recipe is fantastic! I only used 1/2 of the pineapple tidbits and omitted the chipotle pepper. I cooked the pork cubes, along with the sauce, in the oven in a covered casserole dish for 1 and 1/2 hours at 300 degrees. After baking, I added the white rice. This method is longer, but the meat was very tender and flavorful. Excellent recipe!
Sep 16, 2016
We tried this last night and WOW. We have found a new favorite.
Aug 28, 2016
This recipe was easy and tasty. I thought the chipotle overwhelmed the dish so I would probably leave it out next time. The pineapple adds a nice touch to offset the spice of the chipotle.
Aug 25, 2016
New favorite recipe!! This was so good! Perfect balance of sweet & spicy! The whole family loved it!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.