Spicy Turkey Tenderloin
Here's a full-flavored dish that will really wake up your taste buds.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (1/2 pound)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tomato
- 4 teaspoons picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne. Sprinkle half the spice mixture over turkey. In a skillet, brown turkey in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Add broth and lime juice to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until turkey juices run clear and thermometer reads 170°, turning once.
- In a small skillet, saute the onion and jalapeno in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add the beans, corn, tomato, picante sauce, cilantro and remaining spice mixture. Serve turkey with salsa and lime wedges.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 342 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 767mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Tenderloin in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.