Marinated Turkey Tenderloins
These moist grilled tenderloins marinate overnight in a savory teriyaki and soy sauce mixture. "I had used this recipe for years on pork tenderloin and decided to give turkey a try," says Linda Gregg of Spartanburg, South Carolina.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the first 11 ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 165 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Marinated Turkey Tenderloins in Light & Tasty June/July 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.