Pulled Turkey Tenderloin
Not your ordinary pulled turkey sandwich, this one shines thanks to its unique yogurt sauce. Serve the turkey by itself or stack on extra sweet pickle slices and jalapenos to echo the dressing.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 package (20 ounces) turkey breast tenderloins
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons canned diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 kaiser rolls, split
- Place turkey in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the water, pickle juice, soup mix and jalapeno peppers; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove turkey and shred with two forks. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Strain cooking juices, reserving 1/2 cup juices. In another small bowl, combine the yogurt, mustard, pepper and reserved cooking juices. Pour over turkey; toss to coat. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 339 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1074mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Tenderloin in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.