Italian Turkey Tenders
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast half, cut into 1-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and salad dressing. Place flour in another shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Coat turkey with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz turkey with cooking spray. Bake at 375° until no longer pink, 20-25 minutes, turning once.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked turkey: 309 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 8, 2011
This was a really good recipe. I loved how the creamy Italian dressing made the turkey taste. Absolutely will make this again. Will agree that the 2 pounds would not have made it through all the ingredients. I used 1.5 pounds and had to add a little more dressing and crumb mixture. So, just FYI. Delicious!
Jan 29, 2011
Made this last night and my husband and I really liked it. The recipe calls for 2 pounds of turkey. I only used one and wouldn't have had enough of the other ingredients for two pounds. Definitely a keeper.