Italian Chicken Tenderloins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/8 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 teaspoon paprika in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika. Add chicken; turn to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Discard bay leaf. Serve sauce with chicken.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 163 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 29, 2019
It was good, but I had to cook them longer then 2-3 minutes on each side in order to get them cooker through. They were very tender and seasoned well.
Aug 20, 2019
Really lots of flavor. Was surprised I could actually make something so good. Doubled the recipe and sprinkled pasta with Parmesan! Thank you
Sep 21, 2015
I made both this recipe and one for the Herbed Angel Hair Pasta Recipe and it was a good combination. Good homecooked meal but not all that strong Italian flavor. That there are quite a few ingredients, first the sauce, then the seasoned flour, is the only down side.
Dec 23, 2012
Do you think it would be possible to make this in a crock pot?
Oct 19, 2012
Quick, easy and tasty! Different idea for chicken which is great when you are bored!
Jun 10, 2012
This chicken was delicious. My kids didn't like the sauce but hubby loved it. I also made the noodles they recomend. This was a big hit.
Apr 11, 2012
This chicken turned out very good. I used tomato sauce and less water since I didn't have tomato paste. I will definitely make this one again - quick, easy, tasty. And it's just 4 points on Weight Watchers.
Jul 8, 2011
This recipe is definitely one to make again (and again!). The chicken has so much flavor that you don't need the sauce, but they pair well together too. Easy to make, highly recommend!
Apr 5, 2011
This recipe is excellent, very flavorful. The only change I made is that I used boneless chicken breasts and cut them in half instead of using chicken tenderloins. I have made this several times for different guests and they have all really enjoyed it. It's quick and easy to make too which is so great.
Jul 27, 2010
This was good.