Smoked Sausage with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in oil until mushrooms are tender. Drain pasta; add to the sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; toss gently. Heat through. If desired, top with additional fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 232 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2015
This was very tasty! I did add julienned bell peppers and used a can of Italian tomatoes. This will definitely go into my rotation for dinner.
Jun 17, 2010
I like to add julienned bell peppers to be sauteed with the sausage, mushrooms and garlic. My husband has suggested onions too, but I haven't tried that yet.
Sep 23, 2008
This recipe is really great you can also try it with penne pasta