Smoked Sausage with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in oil until mushrooms are tender. Drain pasta; add to the sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; toss gently. Heat through. If desired, top with additional fresh basil and grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 232 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 11, 2019
Jun 20, 2019
We thought it was very good. A simple meal for a weeknight. I had some kielbasa I wanted to use and came across this recipe. I had all the ingredients, even fresh basil from the garden. I saved a little pasta water and added a little of it after I combined everything in the skillet. Just wanted to be sure it didn’t dry out while warming it. I added a small drizzle of olive oil and topped with more chopped basil before serving. I’d make it again!I halved the recipe for me and my husband and we still had leftovers!
Dec 30, 2015
This was very tasty! I did add julienned bell peppers and used a can of Italian tomatoes. This will definitely go into my rotation for dinner.
Jun 17, 2010
I like to add julienned bell peppers to be sauteed with the sausage, mushrooms and garlic. My husband has suggested onions too, but I haven't tried that yet.
Sep 23, 2008
This recipe is really great you can also try it with penne pasta