Smoked Sausage with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups julienned seeded plum tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the sausage, mushrooms, garlic and basil in oil until mushrooms are tender. Drain pasta; add to the sausage mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; toss gently. Heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 258 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Dec 30, 2015
This was very tasty! I did add julienned bell peppers and used a can of Italian tomatoes. This will definitely go into my rotation for dinner.
Jun 17, 2010
I like to add julienned bell peppers to be sauteed with the sausage, mushrooms and garlic. My husband has suggested onions too, but I haven't tried that yet.
Sep 23, 2008
This recipe is really great you can also try it with penne pasta
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.