Sausage Pasta Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-1/4 hours
Makes8 servings (about 2-3/4 quarts)
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 4 cups water
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red or green pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the water, spaghetti sauce, beans, summer squash, carrots, red pepper and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the pasta, peas, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 276 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1111mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 18, 2018
Wonderful flavor! My family loved it.
Jul 29, 2017
My family loved this recipe! It's hard to find one we all like, but this one brought everyone to the dinner table! The broth is delicious and I loved the combination of veggies!
Jun 20, 2017
Hearty meal on a cold dreary rainy day.
Jan 24, 2017
Great recipe! I pre-cook the pasta and stir it in about 5 minutes before serving..
Jan 16, 2017
Wowzers! Easy and hearty. Made for our family of four on a cold Colorado winter night in January. We used spicy sausage, and threw in some fresh mushrooms and grated parm cheese on top. Even my husband said, "This is REALLY good!" And both kids ate it, which is like winning the lottery in my house. Love how simple it was, using the jarred sauce. Loads of flavor.
Sep 6, 2016
Yummy! Easy recipe, made it exact accept used ground Italian sausage meat. Leftovers were even better. Thank you!
May 17, 2016
Be careful not to add too much noodles, which is what I did! The noodles can suck up all the liquids. Otherwise, it was a good stew.
Jan 30, 2016
Really good and easy too! Hubby and I really enjoyed this. I used hot Italian sausage, mushroom onion marinara and black beans instead of kidney (oops!). Don't think the sugar is necessary really, but this was so good. Will definitely make again.
Sep 27, 2013
This recipe is delicous! I served it with crushed red pepper because my husband and I like things spicy. Thank you for the recipe!
Sep 23, 2013
This crockpot meal was easy and delicious! I served it with red pepper flanks because my husband and I like things spicy. I definitely will be making this again!