Sausage Pasta with Cajun Cream Sauce
I needed to use up some ingredients in my refrigerator, so I threw together this dish with a cajun cream sauce. It's delicious and everyone loved it. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream, Parmesan cheese, Creole seasoning and pepper; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water; add to sausage mixture. Toss to coat, gradually adding enough reserved cooking water to reach desired consistency.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 496 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.