Cajun Chicken & Pasta
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2x1/2-in. strips
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta (about 2-1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped plum tomatoes
- Minced fresh basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Toss chicken with Cajun seasoning; let stand 15 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat; saute peppers, mushrooms and green onions until peppers are crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in cream and seasonings; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 4-6 minutes. Stir in pasta and chicken; heat through. Top with tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 398 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 10, 2018
One of my best delicious dish. Many times I made it and enjoy the dish with my family members. Especially sauce of this dish is really tasty. When I made it I used fresh cream it gives good taste and good looking.
May 24, 2018
I love this pasta! I’ve made t several times now. It’s easy to prepare and has great flavor. I do add less Cajun seasoning for my taste, about 2 teaspoons instead of 3. It does get a little spicy with 3. The cream is great with the spice and helps cool it some.
Mar 16, 2018
I can't believe that no one has rated this recipe. Maybe it's just a computer glitch. This is so easy and tasty, no wonder it won the best recipe contest. This is a definite keeper and we'll be having it often.