Cajun Chicken & Pasta
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2x1/2-in. strips
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta (about 2-1/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Chopped plum tomatoes
- Minced fresh basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Toss chicken with Cajun seasoning; let stand 15 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat; saute peppers, mushrooms and green onions until peppers are crisp-tender, 6-8 minutes. Stir in cream and seasonings; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 4-6 minutes. Stir in pasta and chicken; heat through. Top with tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 398 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Nov 10, 2018
One of my best delicious dish. Many times I made it and enjoy the dish with my family members. Especially sauce of this dish is really tasty. When I made it I used fresh cream it gives good taste and good looking.
May 24, 2018
I love this pasta! I’ve made t several times now. It’s easy to prepare and has great flavor. I do add less Cajun seasoning for my taste, about 2 teaspoons instead of 3. It does get a little spicy with 3. The cream is great with the spice and helps cool it some.
Mar 16, 2018
I can't believe that no one has rated this recipe. Maybe it's just a computer glitch. This is so easy and tasty, no wonder it won the best recipe contest. This is a definite keeper and we'll be having it often.