Cajun Country Fried Chicken
I've perfected my own Cajun seasoning made from 11 herbs and spices. But in this recipe, a store-bought variety works just as well.—Dave Fisher, Ten Mile, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound), halved
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine milk and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning; add chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large shallow dish, combine the flour, lemon pepper, garlic salt and remaining Cajun seasoning. Drain chicken and discard milk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry chicken in batches until golden brown and juices run clear, 7-8 minutes.