Cajun Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 12 slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Brush both sides with oil. Combine the seasonings; rub over both sides of chicken. Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve on rolls with tomato and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 20, 2011
I make this recipe almost every week! The family LOVES it; it's so easy; and has a great flavor! When I make this I omit the bun & use it in salad...spicey & yummy - delish!
Apr 4, 2010
This has become a family favorite. Both of my kids (5 & 2) gobble it up.