Summer Garden Pasta with Chicken Sausage
For a backyard bash, I do the busy work before the guests arrive so all I have to do is pour beverages, cook pasta and grill up the sausages. —Karie Houghton, Lynnwood, WA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/4 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked roasted garlic chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, grill sausages, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-9 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove sausages from grill; cut into slices.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, cheeses, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 445 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 16, 2015
This was one of the recipes I had for my "porch lunch" for Simple & Delicious. Since another dish contained pasta, I omitted the pasta this one time and doubled the sausage. Fantastic taste! It was enjoyed by all.