Summer Garden Pasta with Chicken Sausage
For a backyard bash, I do the busy work before the guests arrive so all I have to do is pour beverages, cook pasta and grill up this sausage. —Karie Houghton, Milton, WA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/4 cups uncooked mini penne pasta
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked roasted garlic chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, grill sausages, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 7-9 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°, turning occasionally. Remove sausage from grill; cut into slices.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sausage, tomatoes, cheeses, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 445 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 739mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage Summer Garden Pasta in Simple & Delicious August/September 2015
Jul 16, 2015
This was one of the recipes I had for my "porch lunch" for Simple & Delicious. Since another dish contained pasta, I omitted the pasta this one time and doubled the sausage. Fantastic taste! It was enjoyed by all.