Italian Sausage & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2/3 cup julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded Romano cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup crushed seasoned salad croutons
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, fennel seed and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add wine. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated. Stir in cream; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle with crushed croutons and remaining cheese.
Sep 5, 2013
Delish! Cut the recipe in half (but not the garlic!) and increased the cream a bit to make a little more sauce. Other than my picky eater, the family loved it. Thanks for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.