Vegetable Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato spread
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream and sun-dried tomato spread until blended. In a large skillet, saute peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add cream mixture; bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley and cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 271 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 1, 2017
I'm wondering if I did something wrong because while this was good, it wasn't WOW good. I found that there were way too many veggies and not enough pasta (the recipe pic was more of what I was expecting). Maybe what I consider "large" bell peppers are actually extra large?? I don't know. I think if there were less veggies I would have liked this more, since I could probably taste the sauce a bit more. I'd make this again but with some tweaks to get the right ratio.
Feb 15, 2012
This is by far the best diet recipe I have made from Taste of Home. I did tweak it by adding grilled chicken and artichoke hearts. Next time I will make the change of adding less peas. They were a little overwhelming. While my 17 mos old loved all the peas, I think next time I will only put 1 cup in instead of the whole 10 oz.
Aug 5, 2011
I just made this for the first time tonight. It was delicious! I did make a few changes. I only used 1 red pepper, the fresh mushrooms, and onion. I diced the pepper instead of julienned due to a picky 16 year old. I didn't have peas in the house, but I had left over grilled chicken breast. I hand shredded it and added it when I put in the pasta. The secret to me is letting the sun-dried tomato sauce slightly reduce with the sauteed veggies before you add the pasta. Wonderful and easy!
Jun 16, 2011
Just what I've been looking for. This looks delicious!