Vegetable Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato spread
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream and sun-dried tomato spread until blended. In a large skillet, saute peppers, mushrooms and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Reduce heat. Add cream mixture; bring to a gentle boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to sauce mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley and cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 271 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 1, 2017
I'm wondering if I did something wrong because while this was good, it wasn't WOW good. I found that there were way too many veggies and not enough pasta (the recipe pic was more of what I was expecting). Maybe what I consider "large" bell peppers are actually extra large?? I don't know. I think if there were less veggies I would have liked this more, since I could probably taste the sauce a bit more. I'd make this again but with some tweaks to get the right ratio.
Feb 15, 2012
This is by far the best diet recipe I have made from Taste of Home. I did tweak it by adding grilled chicken and artichoke hearts. Next time I will make the change of adding less peas. They were a little overwhelming. While my 17 mos old loved all the peas, I think next time I will only put 1 cup in instead of the whole 10 oz.
Aug 5, 2011
I just made this for the first time tonight. It was delicious! I did make a few changes. I only used 1 red pepper, the fresh mushrooms, and onion. I diced the pepper instead of julienned due to a picky 16 year old. I didn't have peas in the house, but I had left over grilled chicken breast. I hand shredded it and added it when I put in the pasta. The secret to me is letting the sun-dried tomato sauce slightly reduce with the sauteed veggies before you add the pasta. Wonderful and easy!
Jun 16, 2011
Just what I've been looking for. This looks delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.