Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package direction. In a large skillet, cook sausage in oil and butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink. add wine or broth; cook for 2 minutes. Add the cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture and pasta. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 697 calories, 54g fat (27g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2014
The entire family loved it. I used bowtie pasta (inst spiral), chicken broth (inst wine), light cream (inst heavy), and freshly grated parmesan (inst Romano). I omitted red pepper.
Jul 13, 2010
Made a few changes to lighten the dish a little but wow this was delicious, definitely going in my recipe box.