Robust Italian Sausage & Pasta
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), halved
- 1 jar (25.6 ounces) Italian sausage spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage links. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in pasta. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 529 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1573mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 8g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2017
Fabulous, easy recipe. The flavor is very robust and zesty, but not spicy which makes it family friendly. I used turkey sausage. After reading the reviews, I added a cup of water. The sauce was great but next time I will double the amount of pasta as the ratio of ingredients was a bit off for us. I love adding the pasta at the end - all day flavor and convenience without mushy pasta!
Feb 24, 2016
Great flavor, easy to prepare, but found it a tad dry. Will add a little more sauce or rinse the jar and can with water and add. Family enjoyed it and will make again.
Mar 31, 2015
I really enjoyed this recipe. It was great for a work night dinner. Quick and easy. I love the combination of onion, peppers, and sausage. I used plain pasta sauce instead. I will be making it again. I added some crushed red pepper to add an extra kick.
Oct 8, 2014
Great spicy taste! Since I found this recipe late in the day, I did not use slow-cooker. Simply prepared stove top and boiled pasta separately and then combined at last minute. Made for a spicy change from ordinary crumbled sausage recipe, a chunky robust flavor. Can't wait to try in slow cooker but great flavors even if pulled together at the last minute!
Oct 5, 2014
This was delicious! Loved the spiciness of it!
Apr 1, 2014
outstanding!! doctor up as/if you like - excellent slow cooker recipe! thanks!!
Dec 13, 2012
It was a little spicy
Mar 26, 2012
YUM! So easy! We threw in extra garlic and used 5 links instead of 4.~ Theresa
Apr 29, 2011
This is easy to prepare but the sauce was somewhat runny. I have another Italian Sausage recipe that I prepare in the slow cooker that I like much better.
Sep 6, 2010
Instead of using the tomatoes with green chilies, I substituted diced tomatoes. This is a wonderful recipe!