Turkey Sausage with Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, Italian seasoning and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve sausage mixture over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup sausage mixture with 1 cup pasta: 396 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 30, 2015
This was an EXCELLENT recipe!
Apr 8, 2015
Using cooked organic chicken sausage sliced with onion & garlic powders, organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, omitted the mushrooms & green pepper & 2 cups cooked brown rice pasta. Served with mozz. & cheddar cheese. Was a quick yummy meal. Thank you, Mary.
Feb 27, 2015
Made this tonight for my very picky husband, he loved it. I used turkey sausage and gluten free pasta. It was amazing.
Jan 1, 2010
Is the recipe correct 6 cups of uncooked pasta???I am guessing it should be 6 cups of COOKED pasta