Turkey Spaghetti Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a small skillet, saute the vegetables in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the broth, soup, salt and pepper.
- In a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the turkey, spaghetti and vegetable mixture. Pour broth mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring once. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 284 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 702mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 21, 2016
Are you supposed to cook the spaghetti? Someone said they did, but directions doesnt specify.
Jan 8, 2011
I was concerned that this recipe might be a bit boring, but we were pleasantly surprised when we dug into this comforting casserole.
Mar 14, 2010
May 13, 2009
Pretty good casserole! I poached 3 chicken breasts in water with 2 bullion cubes. Removed & chopped the chicken and then dropped the spaghetti into still boiling broth for about 5 minutes, drained (reserving 2 1/2 c liquid). dumped the mushroom soup into broth, layered chicken, noodles & sauteed veggies (added 2 cloves garlic while sauteing) dumped broth mixture on. Covered & baked at 350 for about 30 minutes put provolone slices on top and broiled a few minutes to brown. It was delicious! I was worried it would be soupy but the noodles finished cooking and soaked up the broth. Great recipe I'll try again, next time with some broccoli!
Jan 1, 2009
This recipe was a hit at my house. I made a huge dish and they cleaned it up. The only change I made was sauting fresh mushrooms with the onions carrots and celery.cakewalk63
Sep 12, 2008
This makes a DELICIOUS dish. I added more carrots and celery and chopped a can of mushroom pieces/stems and sauted all in olive oil. I cubed 3 baked chicken breasts and used whole wheat spaghetti. This recipe is a "keeper".
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.