Crescent Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan, mix first 4 ingredients until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add vegetables and turkey; cook and stir until heated through. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 8 triangles; arrange over turkey mixture. Bake until casserole is heated through and topping is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
Turkey Asparagus Casserole: In a bowl, combine turkey breast, one thawed 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, one 10-3/4-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup and 1/4 cup water. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, topping with one 2.8-ounce can french-fried onions during the last 5 minutes.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 453 calories, 28g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Aug 31, 2017
This is a very good and simple dinner. We used chicken instead of turkey. It was very rich but even still, four servings is ambitious unless some are children. We doubled the recipe and I'm glad we did.
Dec 25, 2016
used ground beef and added a can of corn , cheddar cheese soup and a spoonful of sour cream totally a hit with grown men!! will definitely make it again!! loved it!!
Feb 4, 2016
My husband really liked the crescent rolls on the top. I made the crescents lattice so it made for a nice presentation. I did add a little bit of sage for added flare. I also used olive oil based mayo and fat free milk.
Oct 22, 2015
This was delicious. Nice change from a mushroom soup-based casserole or the cheesy ones. I made my own biscuit topping, adding extra butter :-) to approximate the buttery flakiness of the crescent rolls.
Mar 16, 2014
This is such a delicious recipe! I used Grands Crescent rolls and didn't cut a hole in it.
Mar 24, 2013
very delicious and making for the 2nd time today....gonna be a regular at our house
May 17, 2012
Jan 26, 2012
Definitely simple enough and absolutely delicious!
Dec 20, 2011
Very good! We made some modifications though! Added some cubed cooked potato, some sour cream, Mrs. Dash, garlic pepper, addt'l milk & some cheddar cheese...turned out creamy & delicious! Instead of the crescent rolls w/ used a Cheddar Biscuit Topping from another Simple & Delicious Recipe! This was a hit with everyone!
Dec 29, 2010
Very creamy and delicious. I made it with cubed chicken breast seasoned with Mrs. Dash.