Turkey Rice Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, celery and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in milk. Cover and cook on high for 3-5 minutes or until milk is steaming (do not boil). Stir in rice. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the turkey, soup, stuffing cubes, chilies and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 3-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 294 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 30, 2013
Loved by all and TONS of flavor! It definitely is a great use of leftover turkey as you can't even tell that is what is in it. YUMMY! We used stuffing mix uncooked. PERFECT RECIPE TO USE UP THE LEFTOVERS!
Nov 29, 2010
This is a bit bland if you like more spice in your food. Other than that it has very good texture. I added some chicken stock to moisten up a bit and baked in oven for 1/2hr. at 350.
Dec 3, 2008
I've been preparing this recipe since it came out in the magazine. It's definitely a family favorite, easy and delicious. Stuffing mix works well in this recipe too.