Turkey Squash Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- In a large skillet, cook turkey in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the squash and onion. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Stir into the turkey mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 459 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 12, 2018
My husband really liked this. Picky eater he is. Can easily be modified to what you have on hand.
May 20, 2015
Okay, (sorry) I changed this up a bit because of what I had on hand, and used heavy whipping cream in place of the evaporated milk and parmesan cheese in place of the crackers. This works better for me, since I eat a low carb/ high fat diet. And let me tell you... OMG... so delicious! I think this recipe could easily be modified according to personal taste/ veggies on hand/ etc. Absolutely delicious, and a keeper. Made it three times within the month.
Oct 28, 2011
A very unique flavor that my family really liked. Has become on of our family favorites.