Winter Squash Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour into a ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 387 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 6, 2017
This was a great recipe to go with our Thanksgiving dinner. I turned it into a make ahead, by making the recipe without the topping and froze it. When it was thawed, I did drain a little excess water off, but added the topping and baked, and it came out perfect. I had to bake longer than the normal recipe called for, FYI. It made a lot, and also think it would be great split between 2 - 8" x 8" pans so you can make one and freeze one for later.
Oct 3, 2017
What KIND of winter squash was used...acorn, butternut , hubbard? ALL winter squash!