Winter Squash Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups mashed cooked winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Pour into a ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 387 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 6, 2017
This was a great recipe to go with our Thanksgiving dinner. I turned it into a make ahead, by making the recipe without the topping and froze it. When it was thawed, I did drain a little excess water off, but added the topping and baked, and it came out perfect. I had to bake longer than the normal recipe called for, FYI. It made a lot, and also think it would be great split between 2 - 8" x 8" pans so you can make one and freeze one for later.
Oct 3, 2017
What KIND of winter squash was used...acorn, butternut , hubbard? ALL winter squash!