Hearty Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
May 31, 2013
I've made this several times and I'm always surprised how delicious it is, when the ingredient list seems rather bland. I served this to some in-laws recently, who were all skeptical about a turkey casserole with hard-boiled eggs in it, but they all loved it and went for more! Easy to make; definitely a keeper!
Dec 4, 2010
my whole family loved this
Dec 20, 2008
Re: Hearty Turkey CasseroleThis is a keeper! Used penne pasta instead of macaroni, an extra egg, and topped with grated parmesan cheese. Will definitely make this again!
Dec 15, 2008
This is great except for process cheese food. (Our dog won't even eat it!) But regular or reduced fat shredded cheddar is great in it!BonneSue
Dec 12, 2008
This is an easy dish to make and tastes really good. Very cheesy.