Crunchy Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the turkey, celery, onion, water chestnuts and soy sauce.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with noodles and almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 274 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2017
It was a great casserole!
Feb 7, 2015
I've made this a couple of times now. The only changes were (1) substituting chicken for the turkey as we had leftover rotisserie chicken, (2) toasting the almonds, and (3) only using part of the chow mein noodles and leaving them for when we had the leftovers so the noodles were crunchy.
Apr 23, 2014
my hubby & I loved this, I plan to take this to Church potlucks. Leftovers are OK but should be used the first time as the noodles get soft. Still a wonderful dish with chicken or turkey.
May 28, 2013
Since we're empty nesters, I make only half of this, and is very, very good. Have used chicken instead of turkey with good results, but plan to stick with turkey.
Nov 28, 2012
For a hearty meal, this was great. It was easy to make and had a great taste. Oh yes I will make this again.
Feb 2, 2012
Very good! Did not have chow mein noodles so I used french fried onions. Tasted great.
Dec 22, 2010
Very good use for leftover turkey and low carb. too! The crunchy cow mein noodles and celery add a great flavor and texture.
Nov 13, 2010
I made this for my snowmobile club meeting and it was a hit. Everyone thought it was so tasty. And the chow mein noodles added the crunch that was needed.Cathy DTwin Lake, MI