Crunchy Celery Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 10 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In a bowl, combine the celery, soup and water chestnuts. Pour into a greased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Cover and microwave on high for 20 minutes or until the celery is tender, stirring every 5 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Microwave, uncovered, 3-1/2 minutes longer.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 114 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 28, 2011
Was looking for a way to use up an abundance of celery. I will sprinkle on the onions after the casserole is done next time, as they got a bit mushy. But, very good dish.