Crunchy Almond Turkey Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 40 crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in the turkey, rice, celery, water chestnuts and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over turkey mixture. Return to oven; bake until bubbly and golden brown, another 10-15 minutes.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 678 calories, 41g fat (12g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1211mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Feb 11, 2019
This may just me my type of item-maybe what my doc would have in mind as a person not really a full vegatarian
Dec 6, 2018
Absolutely most favorite recipe
Mar 9, 2018
This has become a family favorite since I first made it this week! When I told my family about the negative reviews--no flavor, etc.--their jaws dropped! There are plenty of "crunchies" in this recipe, & the flavor was just as we like it. The ingredients blended together to make a casserole that you can serve to all ages & get great reviews. The only change I made was using chicken breasts instead of turkey.
Nov 29, 2013
We thought this was pretty tasteless. If you have leftover gravy and stuffing I suggest you use that in this dish. I liked all the crunch, though.
Nov 26, 2013
I added some garlic, too. This casserole has a nice crunch to it and tastes great!
Feb 20, 2013
Instead of just celery, you can add carrots, or a bag of frozen mixed veggies (thawed). Loved the crunch from the water chestnuts & almonds.
Jan 2, 2013
Great way to use leftover turkey, really transformed it into something special that the whole family enjoyed. I enjoyed that this had such great crunch - the nuts, water chestnuts, and celery provide a nice textural contrast to the turkey and rice. I followed the recipe as written except for using multi-grain crackers in the topping. Will definitely make again. My only suggestion would be that this is easily 10-12 servings, not 8.
Sep 5, 2011
Very tasty. My kids even went back for seconds. Leftovers tasted just as good the next day for lunch too. The only thing I would probably change next time is to leave out the water chestnuts since the almonds gave it plenty of delicious crunch. Definitely will make again.
Apr 6, 2011
Every time I have a potluck at church, I receive numerous requests to make this delicious casserole. I frequently substitute chicken, as it's easier to find and you can't really tell the difference. The taste combinations and textures make it a definite keeper!! "Contest winning", for sure!!
Mar 30, 2011
SO Delicious! My family cleaned this dish up in record time! This recipe will be a staple in my house from now on. THANKS!