Cashew Turkey Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Grill: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds each)
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Remove skin from turkey; chop turkey and place in a large bowl. add the pasta, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and lemon juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in cashews.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 766 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 68 g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 16, 2018
Filling and tasty salad. Next time I will substitute chicken for the turkey (family preference!).
Apr 26, 2018
I finally found a pasta salad my husband loves! Our whole family loves this salad! The only changes I made were to use 1 lb. thick-sliced (1/4") deli turkey & increased the other ingredients by one-third. Next time, I'll double the recipe as there were no leftovers for lunches today! "No leftovers"=a winning recipe! I forgot to add the cashews to my serving & I didn't even miss them. The dressing is unique among pasta salads & is delicious. I might reduce the brown sugar by 1/4 cup next time because I thought it was a bit sweet, but my family loved it the way it was.
Mar 19, 2018
Nice recipe-love turkey hope I get your recipe in a restaurant in my vicinity-thanks for lovely recipe.
Sep 26, 2016
Hi ehlertn,A bone-in turkey breast only yields about 3 lbs of meat. The ingredient list is correct.
Sep 24, 2016
Does this recipe REALLY call for 10-12 lbs of turkey??? That's a Thanksgiving meal and 1 pound per serving according to the recipe. Since most serving suggestions are for 1/4-1/2 lb of meat protein, I'm wondering if this is a typo in the recipe. Thanks in advance for suggestions/revisions.
Aug 16, 2013
I've made this for parties, family reunions etc since it was first published in ToH magazine. I always get rave reviews and come home with an empty bowl. Easy, but special.
Jun 24, 2013
I use the meat from one rotisserie chicken from the deli for a box of pasta. I sub yellow peppers, and sometimes make 1 1/2 times the sauce. I always get asked for this recipe! Love it!
Apr 11, 2013
I've substituted chicken for this salad and have made it several times. It's always a big hit even with people who don't normally like pasta salad.
May 28, 2012
Every time I make this, someone asks me for the recipe.
Aug 8, 2011
Great recipe, I rarely have any leftovers. I usually just buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. It's also great with shrimp instead of turkey/chicken.