Crunchy Spinach Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed bread (1/2 inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in spinach and soup.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in bread cubes. Sprinkle over top. Bake until bubbly and bread cubes are golden brown, 35-40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 369 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 974mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2019
Made this to go with my rib roast for Christmas dinner. Absolutely delicious!! I used 3 bags of fresh baby spinach instead of frozen. Used french bread for the "croutons". Will definitely be on the menu again soon.