Crunchy Spinach Casserole
Our holidays would not be the same without this family tradition. My mother made it every Thanksgiving when I was growing up; now I make it every Christmas and Thanksgiving, and my children and grandchildren absolutely love it! We triple the recipe because the kids can't get enough. —Sharon Scaletta, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed bread (1/2 inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach and soup.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in bread cubes. Sprinkle over top. Bake 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and bread cubes are golden brown.
Originally published as Beatrice's Spinach Casserloe in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.