Crunchy Spinach Casserole
Our holidays would not be the same without this family tradition. My mother made it every Thanksgiving when I was growing up; now I make it every Christmas as well, and my children and grandchildren absolutely love it! We triple the recipe because the kids can't get enough. —Sharon Scaletta, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed bread (1/2 inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in spinach and soup.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in bread cubes. Sprinkle over top. Bake until bubbly and bread cubes are golden brown, 35-40 minutes.