Herbed Baked Spinach
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, cream and milk. Remove from the heat; stir in 4 tablespoons cheese, bread crumbs, salt, marjoram and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 163 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2017
This spinach side dish is sooo good!!
May 29, 2014
I don't like spinach as a rule, but I love this recipe. This is the only way to eat spinach!
Nov 26, 2013
This is the best spinach recipe I have ever made. I make it for all my holiday dinners. Everyone looks forward to it. It's easy and delicious!
Jul 22, 2010
This was delicious - my new favourite way to make spinach in the oven. I found the liquid absorbed very quickly, so the second time I made it I added a little more milk to make it creamier.