Chicken Celery Casserole
"When time is short and I have many guests, this is the recipe I reach for," relates Ruth Andrewson from Peck, Idaho. "The comforting dish has a crunchy topping and can be on the table in under an hour."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup crushed french-fried onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, pecans and diced onion. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic salt; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with potato chips, french-fried onions and cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 754 calories, 68g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Celery Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2001