Microwave Corn ‘n’ Bean Bake
This is one of the easiest side dishes ever! It tastes wonderful and is takes just minutes to make.—Nellie Perdue, Summer Shade, Kentucky
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, soup and 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring once. Combine cracker crumbs and remaining cheese; sprinkle over bean mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until beans are tender.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 222 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Corn 'N' Bean Bake in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition