Baked Spaghetti Potluck Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Break spaghetti in half; cook according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings.
- Drain spaghetti; stir into meat sauce. Add 1/2 cup cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 313 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jul 12, 2017
The seasonings in this were excellent. I did not think they would be (marjoram and rosemary? no garlic?) but they gave this sauce so much flavor. You don't even have to bake everything if you don't want - can just pour the sauce over spaghetti and load it up with cheeses and eat. I used a mixture of pork and beef (meatloaf mixture) only because that's what I had on hand. My daughter said it was too meaty, but I thought it was just fine, and I'm not a big meat sauce person myself. A really good recipe that I will make again. If you want the sauce less meaty, just add some Ragu or something. Or use less meat lol.
Jul 1, 2017
Anything baked spaghetti we love. This recipe surely fills the bill!!
Jan 6, 2016
A plus recipe!! Spaghetti has always been my favorite dish as a kid and even as a adult. I was so excited to try this recipe. I thought it was strange to use cream of mushroom and tomato soup but wow i was wrong. I made this for my family today!! Everyone loved it and even had 2nds and 3rds. The only thing I changed and recommend in the recipe is, I didn't add the sugar, it already had a perfect taste. I would double the soups and tomato sauce and water. Instead of adding seperate seasonings, I used a packet of spaghetti seasoning. I would use 2 packets if you double the soups, sauce and water. It was very good and I will be making again. We just enjoy it with a little more sauce!! Yummy
Mar 18, 2015
Very good and very easy. Husband really liked it!
Sep 19, 2012
i quadripled this recipe for my sons highschool foot ball team dinner. all four pans were devoured!! i did add mushrooms to one and diced tomato to all. italian seasoning works well too if you dont have the individual spices. Also an inexpensive way to feed a crowd on a single mom budget. thank you !!
Oct 28, 2011
Delicious !! I used 1 pound of ground beef and 1 pound of ground mild italian saugage. AS well...... I added double the cheese. Say cheese. :-)
Aug 15, 2011
My family just loves this recipe. They ask for it about every week.
Jul 20, 2011
I really liked this. I made it because I was trying to use some canned goods from my pantry, and it's going to become a staple in my house. I used vegetarian soy "meat" crumbles in place of the ground beef, and pizza sauce in place of the tomato sauce (because that was the closes thing I had to tomato sauce). It was great! I will definitely make this again.
Mar 5, 2011
My family loves this recipe. They want me to make it at all the time
Sep 16, 2010
LOVE this spaghetti bake. I didn't have marjoram or rosemary so I left them out and it was delicious. The cream soup gives it a rich flavor. The photo with this recipe is not correct though....fyi. FREEZES WELL too.